Wednesday, March 14, 2007

singapura, o singapura



Like every Monday, as the beginning of a work week, the pace is relatively sluggish and slow. More is required to get the engine revved up to speed. Strangely for me, Tuesday was a slow day too. Not slow in the sense that there is no work, but on the contrary, so much work that you become frazzled and don't know where and how to start. Tired.

Rushed off to my kickboxing class after work. Tired.

Husband called to say that there has been a change of plans pertaining to dinner. Will pack food for me instead of having me to cook (very kind of him coz I was exhausted after all the kicking and punching). Lovely.

He came home with a packet of Singapore Fried MeeHoon that was certified scrumptious by his so-called good friend/foodie. And after wolfing that down (of course, husband had to take a few mouthfuls like how he couldn't resist the Maggi moment), I was happy and contented. It was indeed delicious. All I ever had were makeshift, almost there version of this simple yet absolutely mind-blowing dish. Another testimony that its the simple pleasures in life that brings the greatest joy.

When asked about the restaurant's whereabouts, he could only say that it was somewhere in Kepong. He couldn't give any directions to the place??!!

So, my conclusion : Women can win men thru their stomach; men have a long was to go if they wanna try. . .

Enjoy while I track down the elusive MeeHoon.

No comments: