Wednesday, March 7, 2007

comfort food

After my session at the gym last night, I was famished. On my way back, my husband called to ask me whether I was cooking and what. After hearing what I had to say, he said never mind, he will get his own dinner. OK lor.

My thoughts started to wonder and finally settled on my favourite comfort food of all time, curry MAGGI mee complete with veg and a poached egg. (Just a note for all those who don't quite understand a woman's psyche, our choice of comfort food differs from day to day due to our hormonal change in our body as well as many other contributing factors). This 2-minute wonder has been my companion on many lonely nights.

Yesterday, I tried their latest flavour for MAGGI, the lagi pedas curry. And it did have more kick to it than the usual curry flavour.

Anyway, I also tried out this tip my mum gave me on how to make the perfect poached egg without any fanciful apparatus. All you have to do is crack one egg into a bowl of water at room temperature and set a pot of water to boil. Oncethe water is boiling, gently pour the egg in and let it boil for the next 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the egg. The scoop, drain and voila, a perfect poached egg!

As I settled in front of the telly to watch this week's installment of Heroes, my husband couldn't resist and took several mouthfuls of soup, silently regretting his earlier decision to 'tau-pau'.



2 comments:

fatboybakes said...

I LOVE heroes. but its taking a helluva long time to build up any storyline....

oh, poach egg laidat can huh? delia (smith) oso demonstrated how to poach. i think hers was in hot water. hey, nothing like a heart and stomach warming maggi mee once in awhile.

LazySuzy said...

I remember watching the demonstration and if I recall correctly, Delia added vinegar into the boiling water to stimulate the coagulation process.