Friday, October 12, 2007

take 'n eat

This week has been really hectic with alot of running around whilst trying to skirt the pre-raya traffic. So much so that i have not cooked since last week due to the lack of fresh ingredients from my non-grocery outing last weekend. So yesterday being almost traffic free , my gf and I decided to stock up for the long weekend and have dinner at the same time.

Ok so let me digress a little. For me and many claustrophobic individuals, going to a shopping mall prior to a festive celebration is just wrong. Imagine the legions of people doing their last minute shopping (a well-known characteristic of Malaysians); those celebrating will be stocking up on canned drinks and cookies as well as fresh produce while those not celebrating will be buying gifts for those celebrating and of course stocking up for the holidays. Therefore, the malls WILL BE CROWDED.

Now back to the main story. We ended up at Ikano for 2 very simple reasons; 1stly coz it was close to where both of us work and 2ndly it is the least crowded mall in the vicinity.

This time having to decide where to eat was quite a non-event for us. We wanted to have a quick meal coz it was getting late and also coz a few minutes later could mean no tables as it was dinner time and for the Muslims, time for them to break their fast. So where can we literally take n' eat? Sushi King lor.

It has been a while since I have had Sushi King. The last time was probably a year ago but we made a good choice dining there as it was cheap and taste wise, not bad. Then again my expectations were not high and did not have anything that involved fish so ...

I had the potato salad sushi (RM3), californian roll (RM4), egg mayo sushi (RM2), edamame beans (RM4) and miso soup (RM4). See what I mean when I said there were no fish involved. My gf had the fried bento set that came with the usual plus a yakult which was a nice gesture.

All in all it went well and am quite glad to have gone back to the road less travelled.

No comments: