Tuesday, October 9, 2007

believe it or not

Not long ago, my husband and I headed to Ipoh for a gathering at his grandparents house. There were more than 50 of us from all parts of the world including Germany, France and Sri Lanka. I met many of my extended family and was enamoured by how close they all are.

Since his uncle occupied the house next to his grandparents, they had a total of 8 rooms of which were made available but my husband and I opted to put up at a hotel to made way for other families. His grandparent's house also came with a garage that now houses a cendol man. This is where he stays and where he makes his cendol to sell. Oh and yes, this is where he stores his cendol cart as well.



Now the beauty of this set-up is that he sells the cendol right outside of the house which is a skip and a hop away from well, where he lives.
He has been living in the house for many years now and have become somewhat a part of the house--like an extension.


So every now and then, when the craving kicks in for cendol, we don't need to travel too far for a real, HOME MADE treat.

No comments: