Monday, May 21, 2007

something asmara

After taking a few days off work last week and extended my weekend, I came back to work thinking I would be rejuvenated but it did not quite happen.

Anyway, all I was looking forward the moment I stepped into the office was what I would be having for lunch. At 12.30pm, we left the office to fill our stomach. Since it was my colleague's birthday, we decided to check out a new place today... something Asmara.

Situated at Desa Penchala (Malay Reserve Land), the restaurant resembles a Balinese Spa with ample space, recessed, elevated and the whole pond-thing and zen-like surrounding. There are many villas making up the cafe, restaurant, bar and the function space complete with an alfresco area and of course an airconditioned area.

We had lunch at the dining area and since we were the only ones, we created quite a havoc!!! Since they only served buffet for lunch, we have no choice. The food wasn't great except for the fish dish, prawn thingy and the assam laksa. The rest were just mediocre. Price per person was RM25nett.

But all in all, as I keep insisting, it is the company that is most important and yes,the food and ambience do matter but it is not everything...

May come back to dine with husband in the future but that's simply because of the distance from home.

Btw, don't know why they call it asmara??? Not quite suitable but really, who cares.

No comments: