Tuesday, May 29, 2007

excite the enzymes

Went groceries shopping last night before heading home and encountered something very interesting... fruit enzymes.

As we all know enzymes are released in our body to aid digestion and etc (google it coz the definition is just too long to list down...), food that we eat these days are either overcooked, contaminated or completely depleted of enzymes for whatever the reason therefore we need to replenish our lack of it.

After being told the benefits, I bought two variants - the beetroot/papaya for blood regeneration and lime for digestion and to ward of common cough and cold. I am such a sucker with anything organic and healthy...

I went home excited about my new purchase and immediately went to action. I made a drink for my husband (he nearly spat out his first sip but after cajoling and highlighting all the benefits, he gulped it all down). The taste was no where near what the store personnel said. Whateverlah; as long as it is beneficial for our bodies.

Maybe it was all the excitement and hoo hahs... my husband went to the loo after just 30minutes of consuming the drink... which made me wonder... did it actually aid digestion so quickly that 30 mins was all it took???

Go figure. My mum will testify about the beetroot/papaya concoction soon.


Cheers

No comments: