Wednesday, November 7, 2007

quest to success - the edamame way

I am perpetually on a diet. Well, all women are anyway. I have discovered the very simple truth about weight loss - have a daily deficit in one's calorie intake and lose weight; ingest more than you need will then result in a weight gain. Easy peasy.

So as of last week I have started to count my calories but firstly one must know what is ones daily calorie requirement.

Every morning I have a fruit or a yogurt because it is bad to start the day on an empty stomach. Then it lunch as usual minus the oily and fried stuff. Snacking is usually my biggest problem but ever since I have been transferred back to my original place, the snacks have reduced but still, I have on occasions succumbed.

Dinner is quite an episode. Having to prepare dinner for my husband would mean now being smart and cooking smaller portions. Since last week, my dinner has been either fruits or vegetables. No carbs or meat. And my latest craze and addiction are edamame beans. They are actually green soy beans still in their pods.

These yummy protein powerhouse usually served in Japanese restaurants can be found in the frozen food section. Dump them (frozen) in boiling water that is lightly salted for 1 minute and voila, goodness ready to eat!

Edamame , All the Way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really?? It works...?! I'm trying to go on a diet as well... the key word here is trying... :-) If it truly works, I'll eat edamame until I barf... SB